Learning to play the piano is a rewarding experience that can bring joy and enrichment to your life. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player, having access to a quality digital piano can help you take your playing to the next level. In this article, we’ll explore the best digital pianos for beginners in 2019. We’ll discuss the benefits of learning piano and provide an overview of the different types of digital pianos available. We’ll also cover some key features to consider when shopping for a digital piano and share our top picks for beginners in 2019.
2. Benefits of Learning Piano
Learning to play the piano has numerous physical, mental, and emotional benefits. Playing the piano can help improve hand-eye coordination, sharpen memory and concentration skills, increase self-confidence, reduce stress levels, and foster creativity. Learning an instrument also helps children develop better language skills and encourages them to be more social as they have opportunities to collaborate with other musicians or perform in front of an audience.
3. Types of Digital Pianos
Digital pianos come in three main types: keyboard controllers, synthesizers, and stage pianos. Keyboard controllers are typically used by studio musicians who need access to a variety of sounds from various instruments or software programs. Synthesizers are designed for creating unique sounds using multiple oscillators, filters, envelopes, and other sound design tools. Stage pianos are designed for live performance applications where portability is important as they typically have built-in speakers or amplifiers along with effects processors like reverb and chorus.
4. Features to Consider When Shopping for a Digital Piano
When shopping for a digital piano there are several features you should consider before making your purchase:
• Number of keys – The number of keys on a digital piano will determine how many notes you can play at once as well as how large your range will be (for example 88 keys is standard size).
• Polyphony – This refers to how many notes can be played simultaneously on the instrument (more polyphony allows for more complex pieces).
• Action – The action refers to how realistic the feel of playing is on the keys (weighted action provides a more realistic feel).
• Sound – Many digital pianos feature sampled sounds from real acoustic instruments which provide an authentic sound when playing (some models even feature multi-sampled sounds from multiple instruments).
• Connectivity – Many digital pianos have USB ports which allow you to connect them directly with computers or other devices such as MIDI controllers or audio interfaces. Some models even come with built-in Bluetooth connectivity so you can wirelessly stream music through them directly from your smartphone or tablet device!
5 Best Digital Pianos For Beginners 2019
Now that we’ve discussed some key features to look out for when shopping for a digital piano let’s take a look at our top picks for beginners in 2019:
6 Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
The Yamaha P-125 is one of the best entry level digital pianos available today thanks to its realistic feel, great sound quality and intuitive user interface which makes it easy even for beginners to get started right away! It features 88 weighted keys with Graded Hammer Standard action which provides an authentic acoustic piano feel while playing as well as 128 note polyphony so you won’t run out of notes during complex pieces! It also comes with 10 different voices including grand piano, electric piano and strings so you can experiment with different sounds while playing!
7 Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Piano
The Casio Privia PX-160 is another great option if you’re looking for an entry level digital piano that won’t break the bank! It features 88 fully weighted keys with Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II which provides an incredibly realistic feel when playing as well as 256 note polyphony so you won’t run out of notes during complex pieces! It also comes with 18 different voices including grand piano, electric piano and strings so you can experiment with different sounds while playing!
8 Korg B1SP 88-Key Digital Piano With Speaker System
The Korg B1SP 88 Key Digital Piano With Speaker System is perfect if you’re looking for something portable but still want all the features found on larger models such as weighted keys and realistic sound quality! It comes with 88 fully weighted Natural Weighted Hammer Action Keys which provide an incredibly realistic feel while playing along with 120 note polyphony so you won’t run out of notes during complex pieces! It also comes equipped with two built in speakers so you don’t need any external equipment in order to hear yourself play!
In conclusion, there are many great options available if you’re looking for the best digital pianos for beginners in 2019; whether it’s portability or realism that’s most important there’s sure to be something that fits your needs perfectly! From Yamaha’s P125 offering excellent value at an affordable price point all the way up through Korg’s B1SP speaker system providing portability without sacrificing sound quality there’s something here that’ll suit any budget or requirement level perfectly; happy hunting!